5 Signs of Sciatica That Demand Immediate Attention
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body. It exits the spinal column in the lower back and travels down through the buttocks and legs. Compression of the sciatic nerve anywhere along its path leads to a number of trouble symptoms. Topeka residents who are struggling with any of the symptoms of sciatica can make an appointment with Bolz Chiropractic to find out what treatment options we offer.
The Top 5 Symptoms
- Pain that starts in the lower back or buttocks. Often feels like a hot, sharp pain, but may also be dull when it first starts.
- Pain that radiates down your leg to your calf or foot. It often feels like a throbbing, burning, tingling pain that doesn’t go away.
- Pain the lower back, buttocks, or leg that gets worse when you sit down. Shifting to the side with the pain might provide slight relief in some instances.
- Numbness or tingling in your leg or foot. This may become worse when you sit, but might be present all the time.
- Tripping or having trouble lifting your foot. This can make it difficult to impossible to walk.
Causes of Sciatic Nerve Pain
There are a variety of things that can lead to sciatic nerve pain. The common factor in all of these is that the sciatic nerve becomes compressed. A herniated disc, spinal stenosis, bone spur, bulging disc, spasming muscle or tumor are some possible causes.
When you seek chiropractic care for relief from sciatica, your chiropractor will work to find the exact cause of your condition, so that treatment can address it. Some of the possible treatments include chiropractic adjustments that work to realign the spine and take pressure off the sciatic nerve, laser therapy to reduce the inflammation, and corrective exercise that improve your posture.
Contact Us Today
You don’t have to live with sciatic nerve pain. Contact our Topeka office to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor. Remember that these treatments are cumulative, so the sooner you get started, the sooner you can have relief.