If you have neck or back pain, you know a chiropractor can help you overcome your injury. However, do you know that chiropractors treat sports injuries? Whether you have a foot injury while playing football or a calf problem is hampering your running potential, we at Bolz Chiropractic serving Topeka, KS, can help you overcome your injury.
Why Do Sports Injuries Occur?
Whether you are a professional or an amateur athlete, you are at risk of sports injuries. Some sports injuries occur due to an underlying problem, either an undetected spinal problem or years of poor posture. Stress on the spine can be transferred to your nerves and muscles, impeding the performance of the whole body.
Other common causes of sports injuries include:
- Wrong sports gear
- Knocks from opponents or equipment
- Poor training skills
- Failure to warm up
If you have a sports injury in Topeka, KS, don't continue playing through the injury. This may make the situation worse, making treatment complicated. Book an appointment with a chiropractor on our team for treatment.
Common Sports Injuries We Can Help
During sports, your body undergoes significant pressure, which may result in injuries. The common sports injuries we can help manage include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back and neck pain
- Runner's knee
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shoulder pain
- Shin splint
- Golf's elbow
- Soft tissue injuries
- Torn muscles
- Joint pain
- Sciatica and disc herniation
A small injury can take a hard-working athlete off the field. Luckily, things don't have to go this far. Chiropractic care can help with quick relief for your injury. Chiropractic care can also help improve your performance by helping your joints and muscles to increase their range of motion.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Sports Injuries?
The advantage of visiting a chiropractor for sports injuries is that we treat the root cause of the pain, providing a long-lasting solution and preventing the injury's recurrence. Here are the natural treatments we may use to treat sports injuries:
- Spinal manipulation: If you have misalignments in your spine, your body can be out of balance. Spinal manipulation repositions out-of-position joints, which can help trigger the body's self-healing mechanism to help overcome your sports injury.
- Laser therapy: We use laser treatment to stimulate cellular activities that speed up healing. This treatment is ideal for sprains, strains, plantar fasciitis, etc.
- Stretching exercises: We can recommend chiropractic exercises to strengthen core muscles, improve mobility, and reduce pain.
Visit Us for More Information
Are you suffering from a sports injury in Topeka, KS? We can help you overcome your injury. Book an appointment with us at Bolz Chiropractic, and your injury will be a thing of the past. Call us at (785) 272-2090.