If you have an auto accident injury in Topeka, KS, and are tired of popping medication without relief, try chiropractic care from Bolz Chiropractic. Instead of using drugs to mask your symptoms, we treat the root source of the injury to provide pain relief and avoid recurrence of the injury. Don’t let an auto injury deteriorate your quality of life when relief is just around the corner.
Common Auto Accident Injuries We Treat
During an accident, your body is subjected to undue pressure, which may result in injuries. From objects flying around, seat belts to airbags, there are several reasons you might incur injuries during an accident. Fortunately, a chiropractor can treat most auto injuries. The common auto injuries we treat include:
- Whiplash — This occurs when the head snaps back and forth suddenly, damaging ligaments and tendons in your neck.
- Headaches — Post-accident headaches are common, especially 24 hours after the impact.
- Shoulder pain — You may injure your shoulder’s ligaments, tendons, and bones in a car accident.
- Back pain — The impact of an accident may herniate a disc or tear a muscle.
- Knee pain — Knee dislocation, sprains, and strains are common injuries during a car accident.
When involved in a car accident, seek treatment immediately, even if you have no pain or visible injuries. Auto injuries may show up days or weeks after impact, and therefore, seeking prompt treatment ensures you get relief before the injuries become problematic down the road.
What to Expect during Your Chiropractic Consultation
After a warm welcome by our receptionist, we will have some paperwork for you to fill out. It is very important for us to have all of the details about what happened during the accident so that we can assess the forces that affected and injured your body in order to make the best diagnosis and treatment plan.
Then you will be introduced to your chiropractor, who first begins by making a personal connection with you. Next, we will look into your medical history and ask you to describe your symptoms. We then carry out physical examinations, which involve asking you to make certain movements to pinpoint areas of pain and limited movement.
We have digital x-rays available in our office which, depending on the nature of the injuries, we may utilize to obtain a better diagnosis. After a proper diagnosis, the next step is devising a treatment plan.
How Chiropractors Help with Auto Injuries
The benefit of visiting an auto accident chiropractor is that you get quick pain relief using natural methods. Here are the common treatments we use to treat auto injuries.
- Spinal manipulation: During and auto accident, all of the joints of your body are responding to complex forces causing injury to all of the components of the joints. We offer chiropractic adjustments to induce motion and kick-start your body's self-healing mechanism.
- Extremity manipulation: Just like the joints of your spine, sometimes in automobile accidents the other joints of your body may become injured in a similar manner and need appropriate care.
- Laser therapy: Low level laser therapy has decades of research supporting faster healing of damaged tissue by helping the cells increase their own ATP, which in turn helps them heal significantly faster.
- Electric stimulation: For muscles that are in very tense or in spasm following a motor vehicle accident, electric stimulation can help them to relax, allowing the adjustment to hold better, and promote blood flow to the area, bringing needed nutrition to the cells to heal.
- Ultrasound therapy: We utilize this therapy to bring healing to deeper tissues, such as the paraspinal muscles right along the spine that may have been injured when they tried to keep your spine aligned during the traumatic forces in the accident.
- Stretching and Postural Exercises: Chiropractic exercises targeting key joints and muscles in your body reduce pain and improve mobility. Postural exercises help to reintroduce proper mechanics that may have been lost as your body rapidly tried to adapt during the accident.
- Nutritional and lifestyle advice: We will help you evaluate your diet and lifestyle to ensure that you are doing everything you can to heal as quickly as you can.
If you have an auto injury or any other personal injury in Topeka, KS, book an appointment with Bolz Chiropractic for treatment by calling (785) 272-2090.