Imagine carrying the weight equivalent to 12 pounds all day long without rest. The bones at the top of the spine, along with the tendons and ligaments of your neck, support the head and help you to turn in various directions. It can be a delicate balance, and things like poor posture and injuries can lead to neck pain. Chiropractic care can help you manage neck pain symptoms, even when traditional treatments aren’t effective. Our team at Bolz Chiropractic in Topeka has gathered a few questions that we run into regarding neck pain.
What are the symptoms of neck dysfunction?
Pain is the tell-tale sign that you have neck dysfunction. However, neck pain is often accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Trouble moving your head sideways or up and down or rotating to check traffic
- Muscle spasms
- Tenderness in the neck region
What are the causes of neck pain?
Why does your neck hurt? There are several culprits, and it requires the help of a chiropractor to identify the cause. The common causes of your neck pain include:
- Whiplash: Usually, after a car accident, you may experience neck pain, headaches, stiffness, and dizziness. The cause of such unpleasant symptoms after an impact is often whiplash, which occurs when your head snaps back and forth suddenly, causing damage to your neck’s ligaments and tendons.
- Tech neck: When you spend hours looking at digital screens, the unnatural posture strains your neck, leading to pain.
- Sprains and strains: Car accidents, sports accidents, falls, and slips may cause your neck’s tendons and ligaments to overstretch, resulting in swelling and pain.
- Arthritis: Damage to your neck’s joints causes pain and stiffness.
- Poor posture: Sitting, sleeping, working, and lifting weights in an unnatural posture may create undue pressure on your neck, causing pain and stiffness.
Are you battling neck pain that doesn’t go away? It is time to consider chiropractic care for natural and effective pain relief. We will determine the root cause of your pain and administer effective treatment that doesn’t involve medication or surgery.
How does a chiropractor treat neck pain?
After a proper diagnosis of your neck pain, your chiropractor will create a customized treatment plan. Your treatment plan may include one or more of the following treatments:
- Spinal adjustments: Removing subluxations in your back triggers your body’s self-healing mechanism, bringing relief to your whole body, including your neck.
- Nutritional advice: We can recommend a proper diet to promote healing and enhance your whole-body health.
- Passive therapies: We provide interferential therapy and ultrasound therapy.
- Low Level Laser Therapy: Our Erchonia laser speeds the mitochondrial production of ATP promoting faster healing.
Contact Our Chiropractors in Topeka, KS
If you are suffering from acute or chronic neck pain and live in or around Topeka, contact Bolz Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors. We provide quality care for a variety of health issues, which includes neck pain. Call our team today at (785) 272-2090 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.