Getting Help for Overuse Injury from Topeka Chiropractor Centers
There are many ways you can be injured on the job, and some careers are inherently riskier than others. However, one of the most common work injury types that are seen in chiropractor offices across the country is the overuse injury. Here is what you need to know about this common and at times devastating type of injury:
An Overuse Injury Takes Many Forms
This kind of injury can affect many different areas of the body and can take on many forms. Some of the most common are as follows:
- Hand, wrist, and finger injury
- Injury to the shoulder or elbow joints
- Neck, back, and head injuries
- Damage to the joints or muscles of the legs
- Foot, ankle, and toe injuries
Work Injury Causes to be Aware of
Many of the work-related injuries we see at our chiropractic care practice are related to overuse injuries that affect the nervous system. These can occur in a number of ways:
- Standing for long periods of time- standing on hard surfaces or with inadequate supports can put strain on your feet and legs and even your back.
- All day use of a single body part- sewing all day, typing for long hours, walking or standing, and other repetitious work can strain an isolated part of the body.
- Assembly line work- the most common reason for overuse injury is assembly line work where the same movement is done over and over at high speed or intensity.
- Improper lifting and bending- if you are working with heavy bags and boxes or are lifting heavy loads on a regular basis it can strain your back, arms, and legs.
- Desk or office work- while not labor-intensive, sitting hunched over a computer or talking on the phone all day can take a toll on your body.
- Poor posture- the way you hold yourself, regardless of what work you are doing, and have a huge impact on the strain and stress your muscles and joints experience.
- High-intensity work- people with stressful jobs like police and emergency responders often have overuse injury due to the demanding work they do.
- Accident-prone career- those who have chosen sports as a career will often face many more injuries than people in other lines of work.
To learn more and to see how our Topeka chiropractic experts at Bolz Chiropractic can help you recover from overuse injury and prevent future work injury instances, contact us today. We are here to help you, so call today at, (785) 272-2090, and schedule an appointment with our team and see how we can help you on your path to recovery!